|2003/6/1||All of the lower masts were fixed.
I found that the gap of the mizzen-mast crosstrees indicated in the plan is too narrow to insert the mizzen-top-mast. So, I widened this gap.
|2003/6/21|| Shrouds, forestay and preventer stay of the main lower mast were fitted.
I replaced the treble blocks, which are indicated in the plan to be connected at the ends of the forestays, with hearts.
|2003/7/10||The Shrouds, forestay and preventor stay for the fore lower mast were completed in July.|
|2003/7/23|| The mizzen lower mast shrouds were completed at the end of July.
During these works, I found that the original dead eyes are black. I painted all of these black in a hurry.
|2003/8/11||All of the top masts were fitted.|
|2003/9/2|| The rigging about the topmasts is now progressing. I am very happy if you pay attention to slack in the stays.
I painted the "top pillars" at the doubling black as shown in this photograph. But the original "top pillars" are not black.
|2003/9/21|| The top gallant masts and the flying jibboom were fitted.
When I was fitting the flying jibboom, I found that the kit plan about the position of the jibboom is differnt from the original ship as shown in Memo9). But I had already finished the jibboom fitting according to the kit plan at that time. So my jibboom position is different from the original ship.
|2003/11/1|| All of the stays were fitted.
The shape of a suspended rope from the two ends is called catenary. This name was given by Huygens in 1690, deriving from the Latin word catena meaning chain.
I made all possible efforts to make the forestays "catenary shape". But this was very difficult.
The catenary is described as the following equation.
The details of this function and the reason why control of the slack is difficult are described in this page. But sorry, this is Japanese only.
|2003/12/5|| The main yard and the fore yard were fitted.
The main lower studding sail booms, which are not shown in the kit plan, were also fitted to the main channels.
|2003/12/27|| The spritsai yard and the spritsail topsail yard were fitted.
I found that the fixing points of running rigging in this kit manual are different from "The 100 Gun-Ship Victory". The fixing points indicated in the kit manual seem not to be rational. I modified these referring to "The 100 Gun-Ship Victory".
|2004/1/24||The crossjack yard, driver boom and the driver gaff were fitted.|
|2004/2/18||The fore topsail yard and the fore top gallant yard were fitted.|
|2004/4/3||The main topsail yard and the main top gallant yard were fitted.|
|2004/5/1||The mizzen topsail yard and the mizzen top gallant yard were fitted.|
|2004/5/16||The anchors (Bower and Sheet anchors) were attached.
The anchors in the kit are smaller than originals as shown in Memo10). I made the anchors of wood by myself.