English Lesson Plan 35 (5th grade)
2 Language use
flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, egg, milk, cooking oil, measuring cup, pan, tablespoon, teaspoon
3 Lesson (60 min)
Min. Activities Notes 5 1 Greeting
How are you today? How's the weather today?
What day is it today?
What did you eat for breakfast this morning?(HRT)
I ate ~.(ALT)
5 2 Let's make pancakes! 1
Today we're going to make pancakes. Let's check the things we need to make pancakes.
First the cooking tools. What's this? Yes. We say this frying pan in English. What's this? This is a measuring cup. Look at this. We say this osaji in Japanese. In English we say this tablespoon. Look at this. This is kosaji in Japanese. How do you say this in English? We say this teaspoon in English. We use the measuring cup, the tablespoon and the teaspoon to measure the ingredients.
Next let's check the ingredients. This is flour. What's flour in Japanese? Yes. We say this komugiko in Japanese. What's this? This is sugar. This is salt. What's this? Do you know what this is? This is baking powder. We need baking powder to make pancakes. This is...Yes,it's milk. This is cooking oil. What are they? That's right. They are eggs.
We need these things to make pancakes.
Each group will make four pancakes. To make four pancakes, we need...
- one and half cups of flour
- two tablespoons of sugar
- half a teaspoon of salt
- three teaspoons of baking powder
- one cup of milk
- one tablespoon of cooking oil
- one egg
15 3 Let's make pancakes! 2
Now, let's make pancakes.
- Measure one and half cups of flour, and put it in the bowl. Put three teaspoons of baking powder, two tablespoons of sugar and half of a teaspoon of salt in the bowl.
- Get the other bowl. Did you get a new bowl? Get the egg and crack the egg into the bowl. Get the whisk, and beat the egg.
- Now, measure one cup of milk, and put it into the bowl. Put one tablespoon of cooking oil into the bowl. Then mix everything together with the whisk.
- Now take the bowl with the egg, milk, and cooking oil, and put it all into the other bowl. Then mix everything all together.
- Put the frying pan on the stove and switch the stove on. Wait and heat up the pan. Then take the ladle, and scoop the batter, and pour it onto the frying pan.
- Look at the pancakes. Do you see the bubbles? Wait until the bubbles come out. After you see the bubbles, turn the pancake over. Then wait one or two minutes. When this side is brown, the pancakes is ready. When the pancake is ready, take it out, and put it on a plate.
- Do you want some syrup? You can pour syrup over the pancake.
実際に作って見せながら、作り方を説明する。 30 4 Let's make pancakes! 3
ALTとHRTは３の作り方を改めて指示する。 5 5 片付けと振り返り